- I believe that within every client resides an inner wisdom and dignity, a place where a special ‘knowing’ and resiliency exist side by side.
- I believe that every client possesses an inborn tendency toward healing. Just as our bodies tend to heal themselves – often without medication or special procedures – so do our emotions seek out a healing place, often in ways that may seem veiled and confusing to the untrained observer.
- I believe that a client’s feelings, thoughts, and actions are intimately connected and need to be understood.
- I believe that when change is desirable, to be effective and lasting it must be done safely and in small steps.
- I believe that clients are always doing the best they can.
- I believe that clients cannot fail at therapy, that only therapy can fail.
- I believe that clients cannot feel safe or make progress if feeling judged.
- I believe in psychotherapy as a collaborative process between equals on behalf of my clients and their goals.
- I believe that at a minimum for a client to heal, as Henry David Thoreau once said, “It takes two to speak the truth: One to speak, and another to hear.”
Contact Me for remote appointments